Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Essay #2 Reflection.

The hardest part about this essay was the research. I found that my new method of researching (databases, books etc) proved to give me way better information that just searching websites. Although my state didn't really have much information on it, I found enough material to reasonably make my point. As for the actual writing of the essay, I find myself wanting to go back to my old writing habits because it make more sense to me. But I just stuck it out and used the new style as much as I could by using the "They say/I say" book and it made things a lot more simple and convienent. Compared to the first essay I think this one had much more strength in the way that I didn't put too much unneeded information in it. But I also think that I provided enough information to satisfy my ideas.

After the first essay I realized that my transitions and topic sentences were weak so I worked a lot more on them this time. I believe that my ideas flowed a bit better this essay. I know my conclusion was not what I wanted it to be AT ALL, I was having a hard time wrapping up my essay for some reason. So next time I know that I have to work more on that and make it what I want it to be, and not have to settle for less. Since there was a lot less time allotted for this essay, I believe that I didn't over-think it like I did last time which caused me to write a no-so-great essay. That was one of the things that Craig brough up to me when we talked about my essay. The maximum page requirements for this essay were also very helpful to me because it made me think a lot more about what information I really needed in the essay and what I didn't. So I just got straight to my points and there was no beating around the bush, I liked that because my essay wasn't so lengthy and it made me really know what information I had to had, and what I could cut out. So next time I write an essay I'm gonna do my best to make sure that I don't write too much, I don't wanna bore my professors too much. =]

No comments: